- What a weekend! Between Evie’s birthday party and Easter celebrations, there wasn’t a lot of downtime. I think I’ve finally regrouped. I think.
- Three loads of clean laundry were piled on our comforter and over my feet the last three nights. I have no shame in saying I have pulled what the kids wear from that pile this week in an effort not to fold clothes.
- Connecting the Dots: GMOs and our Food Future.
- It’s a bittersweet time of the year for me. Spring is coming (quite sweet), but juicy Cutie orange season is ending (so very, very bitter).
- In addition to there being lots of family and food over the weekend, there was also lots of sugar. I cut out processed sugar a few months ago in an effort to clear up some skin issues on my temples. Sure enough, my temples are INSANE this week. Damn you, sugar! Needless to say, I’m in major detox mode this week. Ugh.
- In addition to cutting sugar, I’ve been more mindful of food dyes. We hardly ate anything with dyes day to day, but when the sweet, sweet sugary treats came this way, they tended to be loaded with dyes. Things like M&M’s, Skittles, frosting, etc. And I noticed that I would get a massive headache within 5-10 minutes of eating things like this. As such, we did something a little different (that only one person noticed) for Evie’s pink frosted sugar cookies at her party. Details tomorrow!
- Are you aware of the Whole Foods body care swap program? Bring in any body product (shampoo, conditioner, lotion, body wash, etc.) and swap it for one of their 365 Brand products at no cost. You can bring 2 products in each day and there is no limit to how many times you do this. The bottle can be full or empty. This works at any Whole Foods. Pretty great!
- Remember to check out the Gluten and Allergen Free Expo in Des Moines this weekend!
What was the highlight of your holiday weekend? For us it was by far the time we had to spend with family and Finn scouring our yard for Easter eggs!