- Love her or hate her, Madonna is a force that has left her mark in history. Her recent candid interview in Harper’s Bazaar is raw, honest and interesting. I find this woman fascinating.
- Mark your calendars for a free online summit October 25-27 focused on GMOs. Learn about studies that reveal the health effects of GMOs and Roundup on animals, humans and the environment; what doctors and scientists are really saying about GMOs in relation to allergies, autism, and leaky gut; how to help your family eat healthier and avoid GMOs; ways to get involved and become active in furthering the GMO labeling and tipping point efforts. Check out more information about the GMO Summit.
- I am good at rolling my eyes. Ask anyone from high school, my brother, my parents or my husband. (Not cool, I know.) Something I give a deep eye roll to is the notion that food prices will drastically rise if the food industry appropriately labels GMOs. It’s fairly common knowledge that food companies regularly change their packaging to keep up with changing norms, trends and to keep their item looking fresh. Most companies only order packaging for one year, so I give a ginormous eye roll (with a groan and a sigh) to anyone asserting putting a tiny label on a package will cost a family upwards for $500+ per year. Pa.freakin.lease. That’s looney toon talk and a scare tactic. Don’t buy it. Check out this op-ed from a former food industry lobbyist confirming the eye roll.
- Evie is like a teething volcano. That mouth is literally erupting with enamel. It’s made for one cranky, needy little girl and one cranky, weary momma! We went almost nine months with just eight teeth. We’re making up for lost time in five days. Whew.
- Because of Evie’s exceptional crankiness, Finn let out this doozie the other day, completely exhasperated: “Evie, leave your poor mother alone already!”
What is one item in your pantry you simply can’t live without? Something you (helplessly) always have on hand? I’m wondering what great staples we are missing at our house!