- Justin and I had a mini-date Saturday morning. We went to the Farmer’s Market, ran errands, had lunch. We even bought compost bins to hold, gulp, 100 pounds. Our trial run composting was a huge success, so we’re investing in taking it up a notch. Why does this make me so happy?
- So, I have Lacinato Kale for my garden, but am having the DARNEDEST time finding Curly Kale plants. Anyone have a local lead? Literally no stand at the market had Curly Kale. It’s my drug, people. I neeeeed it.
- All girls need boys to pick them weeds, err, flowers. I have a steady flow of dandelions in my kitchen which tells you 2 things. One, I have a very kind-hearted little boy, and two, we have a LOT of dandelions. (We’re talking bouquets!) Somewhere along the line, Finn learned said “flowers” are actually weeds. So when Finn asked, “Mommy, can you get me my weed?” while he pointed at my latest bouquet, you can image my near panic/heart attack. “But I really want my weed, mama.” Oye.
- Have you heard the latest move by the dairy lobby? There is a push to add aspartame (a GMO) to milk without labeling. This has been going on for several months but the time is now to add your voice to the throngs of those asking the FDA to reject aspartame in milk.
- Do you have a Cinemark movie theater in your area? They offer a great Summer Movie Clubhouse for kids each year. We’ve done this the last few years and Finn LOVES it! Now for taming Evie… (NOTE: If you don’t have a Cinemark near by, check out the movie chain nearest you. I’ve seen this offered at others, as well.)
- Speaking of which, can you tell my why kids movie makers think words like “boob,” “moron” and “idiot” are OK in G movies. Can’t we not find a more appropriate word?
What’s your favorite movie of all time? I saw it (no joke) 900 times in the theater in high school and it still brings me joy…. Good Will Hunting!