- Once again my dearest friend flies off to save the world. Erin and her family left Afghanistan earlier this year, only to find a new destination in Indonesia. May they soar above it all! Always inspired by her.
- I finally did it! Chopped my hair. Too many inches to count are in a trash can, and I couldn’t love it more. FREEDOM! (In a few weeks when I’m whining about not being able to pull it into a wet bun, tell me to HUSH!)
- All Evie wants before she sleeps is “a kiss, a hug and a high five” from Finn. Any other time of day, she rejects his love. If he’s not in the mood, watch out! Evie’s going to get what Evie wants. (This statement also translated into leaving a full cart at Trader Joe’s last week because Evie demanded a sucker… now… which she never did receive after a loooong time once we arrived home. We’re talking screaming and crying, laying on the floor, full-on fit! Whoa. Sorry, TJ’s!)
- Speaking of Trader Joe’s, when I went back this weekend (solo) to refill my cart with the items left (grrrrr), I overheard this amazing dialogue between mother and son.
Son: Can we have some cereal, mom?
Mom: Yes, you can choose one box but it has to have 6 grams of sugar of less.
Me: That is awesome! You’re a great mom!
I seriously walked away in smiles and cheering.
- We leave this week for Boston. Two kids, two adults, one hotel room, five nights, one rental car, and lots of family. The kids are going to have the time of their lives with all the cousins and family who will eat them up, regardless of how little sleep they (or we) get. We can do this!
What are your best tips for travelling with little ones? Spill the beans!!!